I was tagged by Emma Curzon for the Liebster Award 2018. Thank you, Emma, I love doing things like this. 🙂 And for anyone else reading this, do check out her blog, especially if you’re a Fantastic Beasts fan.
These are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Display the Award on your blog
3. Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs who you feel would enjoy blogging about this award
6. List these rules in your post
7. Inform the people you’ve nominated
8. Write 11 questions for the nominated people to answer
Why I’m passionate about blogging
Because I love writing, reading, and language and I pretty much always have. I always liked writing stories and at secondary school I started writing book reviews. Blogging is a good way for me to keep those passions going.
10 random facts about me
1. I have a weakness for damaged characters who (even though they might not be the easiest people to be around or they do bad things) are/become ultimately good people.
2. My personality type, INFJ, is the rarest type and I apparently share it with James Wilson (House M.D.), Martin Luther King, Lady Gaga, and Nelson Mandela.
3. My patronus is a white mare and it supposedly means I have a free soul and a loyal heart and that I’m highly emotional.
4. The first celebrity I ever got obsessed with was Hugh Laurie.
5. I will never not be annoyed with the fact that almost all of Dumbledore’s history was left out of the Harry Potter films and that the Remus/Tonks relationship was shown so poorly (don’t even get me started on the way they portrayed the Harry/Ginny relationship).
6. I have a folder on my laptop and a playlist on Spotify called In case of emergency break glass with clips and songs that always cheer me up and/or make me laugh.
7. My all-time favourite film is Forrest Gump.
8. I wear a ring that has ‘After all this time?’ and the Deathly Hallows sign engraved on it.
9. I’m a dreamer. I’m often (if not always) lost in thought and I have a wide and vivid imagination.
10. The artists I listened to most in 2017 on Spotify were Ed Sheeran, ABBA, UB40, Bruno Mars, and Wham! Spotify also claimed I skipped 1249 songs that year and sassily advised me to start listening with a fidget-spinner in hand.
My answers to the 11 questions
1. Doctor Who- 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13?
12. I absolutely adore Peter Capaldi.
2. Favourite book, and why?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because I grew up with the books (and films) and there’s no other fictional universe that means more to me than the Harry Potter universe. J.K. Rowling said that the stories we love best live in us forever and I think she’s right.
I chose the last book of the series as my favourite for a number of reasons:
-It shows the different sides of Dumbledore and Snape.
-Although Harry’s story got a lot more dark, serious and complicated the moment Harry and Cedric were ‘portkeyed’ to the graveyard in Goblet of Fire, things get ten times more tense and mature in Deathly Hallows. So many beloved and hated characters die and Harry goes from hotheaded boy who makes bad decisions and doesn’t really know what he’s doing to mature and rational man on a mission who gets shit done.
-And… it’s the last one… It’s the end of an era and “all was well”. It’s a very sentimental, precious book to me.
3. Speaking of books, do you usually prefer them or their film/TV adaptations?
I always prefer the book. Film/TV adaptations (understandably) leave so much out and in the books you often get to know what a character is thinking/feeling which adds so much to the overall story.
4. Could you survive a month somewhere with a landline phone (for emergencies) but no wifi?
Well… a month is a long time, but if wifi is the only thing I won’t have I think I’ll survive.
5. How are you with horror movies?
Not great. I love a good thriller, but actual horror films like Mirrors and The Omen are not my thing. They make me feel very uncomfortable.
6. Which city would you most like to visit?
I don’t really have wanderlust, but some cities that do intrigue me are Venice, Cape Town, Glasgow, Athens, and Dubai.
7. Tell me one awesome, unusual fact- about a TV show, your favourite animal, anything!
I can’t think of anything other than the fact that Rupert Grint bought an ice cream van once and that he gave Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson trumpets on their last day of filming.
8. Would you rather go to the theatre or the cinema?
9. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
My sweatpants that have ‘I’d rather be at Hogwarts’ on one of the pant legs, because they’re comfy and Harry Potter related.
10. Is there any genre of music that you literally CANNOT bear to listen to?
I can handle a lot of genres, but heavy metal is definitely not one I like listening to.
11. And of course, the deal-breaker: pie… or strudel? 😉
11 new questions for the people I’m nominating
1. Which fictional character would you most like to bring to life?
2. Has there ever been anything in a book, film, or TV show that was so intense/hurtful to you that you had to put the book away or stop watching (like a character’s death)? And if yes, what was it?
3. What is your current laptop/desktop/tablet background?
4. Do you have any other creative hobbies besides blogging (like painting, guitar playing, knitting, etc.)?
5. Name three characteristics that you find most important or attractive?
6. Which fictional character resembles you the most?
7. You’re only allowed to listen to three songs for the rest of your life. Which songs do you choose?
8. Which celebrity do you think is most down to earth?
9. Describe yourself in five words.
10. Who do you admire the most?
11. Do you have a favourite quote or maybe a motto? If yes, what is it?
- Tessa Heitmeijer. A Dutch blog about books, with a personal touch.
- The Bibliophagist. A blog filled with book reviews and the occasional tag.
- Bookalicious Journey. A Dutch blog about books and traveling.
- Coffee, Stars, Books. A blog with book reviews and all things related to books.
- Bibi’s Book Blog. A blog filled mostly with anything related to books, but also with a couple of tags.